Every year, the Stephens Media Group in Texoma likes to raise awareness for Breast Cancer.
Some facts about Breast Cancer:
- One in eight women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women.
- Each year it is estimated that over 252,710 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,500 will die.
- Although breast cancer in men is rare, an estimated 2,470 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately 460 will die each year.
- On average, every 2 minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer and 1 woman will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes.
- Over 3.3 million breast cancer survivors are alive in the United States today.
Here in Texoma, we have some EXCELLENT resources for anyone who may be in the fight against Breast Cancer, and a number of organizations that offer help.
This month, we will feature an interview each week with four of these organizations in Texoma, and as they happen, we’ll post them below. You can also click on their logos for more information.
Oct. 4 – Kelly Murphy Fryer with The American Cancer Society
(stats, places you can visit on the website for info, local paces for support and information)
Oct. 11 – Holly from the Good Shepard Clinic in Ardmore
(October free mammogram clinic for those that qualify, Oct 26th)
Oct. 18 – Tracy Burroughs from the Mercy Cancer Center
(stats for both male and females, how you can reach local people for information, support and guidance)
Oct. 25 – Amber Marr from the Carter County Health Dept
(signs, symptoms, prevention tips, the importance of self exams)
Pinktober 2017 is Sponsored by:
Ideal Home Care | Hunter Heat & Air | Glen Rabe Motors | AME Wellness | Mercy Hospital